Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Wine Rating 'System'

I do have a couple of more savys to add but first I must clarify my choice of rating wine 'systems'.
Instead of a numbered system or the borrrring star system I am going to rate all wine using my own design [meaning my wife's idea!]. My rating system is based on a magical formula consisting of value, quality and investment potential and pure pleasure.

The how many cases would you or I put in the cellar:
  • 1 case means moderate drinking, give it to people who drink cask wine
  • 2 cases means you will drink it over the next 4 months for whites or for reds up to 2-3 years               
  • 3 cases means good value drinking for all whites and for reds 4-7 years in the cellar
  • 4 cases means great value drinking for whites and for reds 7-10 years in the cellar
  • 5 cases means outstanding cellarability for whites, whilst also superior value for money. For reds this indicates top shelf drinking for 10+ years.
Naturally this is a work in progress and I don't guarantee that the rating system will not be adjusted over time!

No comments:

Post a Comment